BUILDING BRANDS BY RESEARCHING CULTURES
Maren Elwood is a Marketing Specialist who believes that good strategy starts with in-situ study of stakeholder populations. As a Visual Anthropologist and an award winning filmmaker, she uses 25 years of experience in marketing to corporate, academic & private sector clients to bring insight and solutions to brand strategy.
Building brands and designing communication strategies are based on an anthropological understanding of the reality of stakeholders' lives. Each marketing project starts with a "deep dive" into the day-to-day reality of the population in question.
Our marketing plans are informed by today's visual media, starting with multimedia presentations of marketing research to production of visual/audio media to support today's digital and social marketing strategies.
- Ethnographic Embeds: Visual anthropologists with "hand cams" embed in-situ to bring the nuances of life to presentations, planning, strategy development and cross-platform solutions. Our unobtrusive style translates to consumer reality...delivered.
- Anthropological Analysis: We have 25 years of experience working in consumer cultures. Our analysis starts with an overall exploration of the cultural setting and how your product/brand/service fits within that context.
- Day To Day Reality: Our embedded filming enables us to identify and explore hidden behavior that surrounds your product/brand/service. Once identified, we drill down to understand how that day-to-day reality can be translated into relevant marketing and communications strategies.
- Consumer Documentary Film: Each project is supported by the development of fully edited films that bring consumers to life. In this way, the marketing teams can plan from a deep understanding of their stakeholders' lives.
- Identification of Brand Language: We pay special attention to words and phrases (and digital signals like #) to create a lexicon that surrounds your product/brand/service. Using this language is key to development of communications that resonate with your consumer.